* CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
* CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
* If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Finance and Business is a values driven organization that supports thousands of university faculty, staff, and students, while also providing services to the broader community and society. The Office of the Corporate Controller is part of the Finance and Business team and has a vision to recruit, develop and retain outstanding people who efficiently provide exceptional service in support of Penn State's teaching, research and public service missions. Our values model those of Penn State's and we firmly believe in the value of Respect, which encourages us to "respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community." As an incoming team member in the Office of the Corporate Controller, it will be expected that all employees embody and model Penn State's and Finance and Business's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Bursar's Office is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with excellent customer service skills to fill a full-time position as a Student Account Specialist (Accounting Assistant) .
The successful candidate will:
* Provide counseling and guidance to students, families, staff, and campuses on University and Bursar policies and procedures related to all aspects of the student account throughout the student life-cycle at Penn State
* Provide a high level of in-depth analysis for student accounts
* Resolve issues with accounts
* Guide students and families through the billing and financial aid disbursement and refunding processes, by responding to direct requests from students, families, and staff via telephone, e-mail, and visitors to the Bursar's Office
* Be responsible for accepting and posting of payments, issuing receipts, and reconciling respective transactions
Typically requires an Associate's degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and experience include:
* High level of attention to detail and critical thinking skills
* Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, grammatical skills
* Customer services skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is highly desirable
Due to the financial and fiduciary responsibilities of this position, successful completion of a credit history check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA
- Attention To Detail
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service