WSFS Bank is seeking a highly creative Front End Developer to support the Bank’s digital transformation initiative. The Front-end developer will build innovative and creative user interfaces and web designs for both browser-based desktop applications as well as hybrid mobile applications to be delivered to internal and external bank customers. The Front-end developer is responsible for the entire web development process (design, development and deployment), enhancing usability and accessibility, and implementing responsive web design principles to ensure consistent user experiences across browsers and platforms. The Front-end developer will collaborate with back-end developers and marketing team to accurately translate user and business needs regarding design into functional frontend code and will contribute and share user experience best practices and new front-end technologies during design sessions and code reviews. The Front-End developer is responsible for maintaining internal and external-facing web applications using HTML5, CSS3, JS, React, and Angular JS to create interactive web applications as well as taking advantage of advanced features available in Progressive Web Applications. The Front-End Developer will support coding, browser testing and debugging, and will produce detailed technical documentation.
The work schedule is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position, located at our offices in either Center City Philadelphia or our Operations Center in North Wilmington, DE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing front-end user experience/interface for mobile and web applications is required. Prior banking/financial services experience preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Hands-on experience using & managing code base on GIT.
- Experience building SPAs (Single Page Applications).
- Experience working with JSON and REST services.
- Experience with developing and deploying cloud-based solutions; Azure is preferred.
- Responsive coding/design knowledge experience preferred.
- Modern application bundling experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing WCAG and WAI-ARIA guidelines.
- Experience with Agile approach to delivering preferred.
- Experience with PWA and developing applications for mobile devices preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver high-quality, complex systems, independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills to be able to successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously within slated timeframes.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Requirements: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
WSFS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Drug-Free Workplace
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Bootstrap (Front End Framework)
Responsive Web Design
Java Script (Programming Language)