LMI is seeking a CA Clarity Project Portfolio Management (PPM) specialist for a long-term U.S. government project located in the Northern Virginia area. LMI is a government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. Summary: As CA PPM Specialist, you will be responsible as part of a team for the design and functional implementation of the Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management platform (CA's Clarity platform). The customer will use PPM to manage systems acquisition life-cycle and engineering projects. This position will utilize skills to successfully design and develop the solution, provide overall guidance to the client, and support implementation and maintenance of the CA Clarity solution. This is a highly visible role with frequent executive engagement.
- Leading/coordinating requirements across multiple organizations via group and individual one-on-one sessions
- Scoping design work including translating design into functional Clarity configurations (portlets, objects reports, etc.)
- Interacting with analysts and the customer to describe pros and cons of solution options
- Translating functional requirements into a technical solution and demonstrate the intended outcome meets the customer requirements
- Conducting product and configuration demonstrations with the customer to obtain input regarding usability and design
- Identifying, assessing and resolving technical and business problems/issue/risks and facilitating issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Creating reports using various options within Clarity
- A BS degree in the related field plus a minimum of seven years' experience as a consultant in an IT/IS or business environment is required, or a Masters degree in the related field with a minimum of five years of experience.
- Proven experience leading requirements gathering for projects with a large number of technology and business stakeholders.
- Proven experience documenting business processes, business rules and system diagrams.
- Demonstrated business analysis skills with experience collaborating with business partners and documenting business processes.
- Ability to efficiently manage the customer and internal resources to meet the established milestones and targeted completion dates
- A track record of building or participating as a member of high performing teams
- Demonstrated self-confidence in dealing with issues and in broadly communicating information across the organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguity and provide a structured problem-solving approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing.
Preferred General Experience:
- Prior work experience in a scrum based agile environment
- Federal government experience
- Systems engineering experience
- Full-life cycle major program acquisition experience
- Clearance Requirement: DHS secret preferred, will consider secret eligible
- Minimum one year of Clarity design and implementation with demonstrated track record of success in multiple projects
- Knowledge of Clarity best practices
- Experience supporting and enhancing enterprise business solutions, especially Enterprise Portfolio Management Systems
Preferred Specialized Experience:
- Familiarity with the Federal acquisition process
- Certification as a Clarity Implementation Professional