Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 20179
PURPOSE: Plant Engineering implements capital projects and provides engineering support for the Consumable and Machine divisions of the Cleveland Operations. Electrical engineers are responsible for the electrical design of the equipment used to manufacture welding machines and consumables. Electrical engineers ensure the equipment on the production floor meets the corporate objectives for safety, health, productivity, quality and continual improvement.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Performs engineering work in operations, production, construction or maintenance environments
- Designs and scales up manufacturing processes, instruments and equipment and tests manufactured products to maintain quality.
- Plans, designs and estimates time and cost and oversees construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, systems and components.
- Analyzes and develops solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and systems or the causes of component failures.
- Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures and provides advice on issues within the engineering field.
- Work in a team environment on capital and strategic projects for the Cleveland Operation production facilities
- Responsible for the electrical aspects of the projects including hardware design, software design, design documentation, networking, data acquisition, equipment installation, equipment debug, and support
- Work on engineering solutions to improve equipment reliability and safety, lower operation and maintenance costs, and improve ergonomics
- Engineer solutions that comply with ISO 14001 and EHS initiatives to improve environmental and employee health and safety
- Supply project leaders with capital cost estimates and project timelines for completion of electrical work
- Review capital equipment quotations to ensure equipment meets electrical specifications
- Provide technical support to Production and Maintenance departments
- Interface with all engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance departments along with R&D, QA, and Supply Management to ensure accuracy of project design target details
- Work with and often manage outside engineering and construction personnel
- Ensure all safety, health, environmental, and compliance aspects for the projects meet the appropriate regulations
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by managers within the Plant Engineering department.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Strong desire to take ownership and drive results
- Must have good judgment, be self-motivated, and be safety conscious
- Ability to handle a variety of assignment and changing priorities
- Ability to perform hands on work as required and work effectively on the shop floor with employees and processes
- Working knowledge of the NEC, NFPA, 70E, NFPA 79, and other technical codes is a plus
- Experience with National Instruments LabVIEW and Rockwell Automation RSLogix software is a plus
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers and AC drives is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation CAD software is a plus
- Ability to occasionally work off shifts, between facilities in Northeast Ohio, and travel as required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Auto Cad
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Product Quality Assurance