Software Lead ArchitectTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Software Lead Architect plays an important role, driving and fostering a culture of innovation within the department while assisting the R&D (Research and Development) Manager to plan and manage R&D activities and resources. In this position, you will support the development of projects and identify the budget for a specific functional area.
In this role, you will be in charge of R&D Engineers in order to meet the requirements of product development projects.This position reports to
Analytical R&D ManagerYour responsibilities
- Lead for taking architectural decisions on Embedded Products with evaluating technical and business trade offs
- Manage the whole SW development life cycle (SDLC) of embedded software: Requirement’s engineering, design, implementation, test including final system testing and maintenance
- Oversee all stages of software development, ranging from feasibility studies and simulations to implementation and testing
- Lead/Collaborate well with R&D teams, to deliver the Product releases on time, with good quality
- Align with manager (time, cost, quality) and complete project deliverables
- Demonstrate sound understanding and usages of R&D processes and tools
- Providing expert assistance for projects and colleagues, acting as a mentor, and disseminating lessons learned
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods and implementing initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction
- Developing Intellectual Property to protect the broad technology area of Analytical Measurements
More about us
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical or Electronics and communication engineering
- Must have minimum 7-8 years’ experience in embedded systems architecture and design, proven track record in embedded software programming in C/C++ and experience with real-time OS (RTOS)
- Sound knowledge of requirements and design specification of embedded firmware systems, including hardware/software tradeoffs and design for memory/processor performance
- Robust knowledge of software development processes and standards, embedded firmware development tools, Linux for real time systems, Agile development processes, industrial protocols, IP and Ethernet networking, and industrial process control
- Knowledge about OS/Kernel aspects, ARM and x86 microprocessors, inter process communications, embedded web servers and web-based UIs, OPC-UA, Modbus, SQLite, and secure networking highly desirable
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Lead Architect http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Software Lead Architect
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid
- Agile Methodology
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Programming
- Customer Satisfaction