Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Regional Account Manager - Business Markets Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Regional Account Manager (RAM) for its Business Markets division. The RAM is responsible for achieving the region’s sales targets through the management of authorized dealers and partners who serve customers in various business markets (commercial, industrial, agricultural, public sector, etc.). Sunnova offers a platform of solar, energy storage and other services (energy management, EV charging) to serve these customers.
The RAM is responsible for building the relationship with their dealer/partners, and onboarding new dealer/partners as needed to achieve the desired share of market.
As the primary Sunnova point of contact for their assigned dealer/partners, the RAM drives revenue for our business by growing the use of Sunnova products with our dealers, helping them to resolve issues from project origination through the design, proposal, installation and servicing phases of the project.
The position requires excellent communication skills and a “customer first” attitude. In addition to these “farming” activities, the successful candidate will also develop new partners in solar and energy storage. This includes developing and executing a prospecting strategy to identify, contact and land Sunnova dealers that can install commercial solar and energy storage solutions.
Regional Account Manager - Business Markets Responsibilities
- Generates and develops new business through dealer/partners to meet specified sales goals
- Drives our dealers to meet or exceed business goals as agreed in contract arrangements.
- Helps define dealer’s quarterly and annual sales goals and insure performance toward the goals.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves dealer issues using analytical skills and Salesforce Client Relationship Management.
- Responding to all dealer inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing dealers
- Functioning as liaison between our customers, operations, and engineering staff
- Ensuring that all required dealer paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time
- Identifies new dealers that can effectively sell and install Commercial solutions.
- Delivers training and effective coaching to Dealers Sales, Operations and Executive leadership.
- Advises dealers on sound business practices, such as maintaining financial statements, working capital management, and SG&A planning.
- Monitors progression on systems, troubleshoots issues, intervenes and drives results through influencing dealer behaviors.
- Constantly thinking about how to improve processes
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree with some quantitative studies; Business, Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in sales, account management, or related role.
- Proven track record of sales target achievement
- 2+ years of routine use of Excel for analysis, and graphically communicating insights regarding data
- Knowledge of concepts used in financial proposals (I.e., IRR, ROI, NPV, leases)
- Valid driver’s license with clean motor vehicle record
- Ability to travel to dealer/partner offices
- Experience in solar energy sales
- Experience in business-to-business sales or account management
- Knowledge of electric utility tariff and rate structures
- Knowledge of federal, state and local incentives for solar and energy systems
- Knowledge of Helioscope and Energy Toolbase
- 5+ years’ experience in Solar Install sales or Energy sales
- Experience with Salesforce software
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications skills and the ability to create relationships with outside partners to effectively influence behavior required.
- Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in an open, fast-paced, collaborative environment both in-office and remotely required.
- Team player that behaves ethically, with highest degree of integrity always
- Strong computer skills; including Microsoft, Office Suite.
- Proven use of analytical skills with understanding of financial concepts (IRR, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to make insightful and relevant recommendations based on findings from data analytics; capable to gain command of data regarding assigned partners and workflow.
- Remote Office Environment
- Estimated travel time: 50%
- Driving Required
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.