To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Annapolis Junction, MD
- Wawa, Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant General Manager (Food Retail / Restaurant Management)
Wawa, Inc • Annapolis Junction, MD
Posted 8 days ago
When asked what it's like working at Wawa, many associates will say, "It's like working with family." Our family includes our associates, customers and all those in our communities. At Wawa, we foster a culture that is fun, inclusive and challenging all at the same time. In return, you are empowered to provide exceptional customer service each and every day to those who call Wawa their home away from home.
As a family and associate-owned company, Wawa maintains strong values focused on its people and their well-being, health and personal development. That means providing our team with quality benefits, training, opportunities for advancement and support. We develop individuals into passionate leaders who strive to deliver that passion to their associates, customers and local communities.
As an Assistant General Manager, you will support the General Manager in managing all facets of the entire store and lead the day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the General Manager. You will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day tasks and performance for all supervisors and associates while achieving profit and executing goals.
What you will do:
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to and resolve customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles.
- Execute the corporate training plan for all CSAs and effectively conduct hands-on training to ensure associate proficiency. Ensure the planning and execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all associates. Assist with all matters relating to Customer Service Associates and the store team - recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, associate engagement and performance management.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments and activities of associates to meet the needs of the business.
- Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve store goals. Examples include: reviewing and analyzing reports, completing the store performance tracking board, and managing shrink and spoilage.
- Analyze results and trends and prepare action plans to leverage the store's strengths and address areas of opportunity.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service or fuel environment, preferred
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
- Ability to work 35-40 hours a week
- Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff, sales building, labor allocation & scheduling, managing expenses
- Strong analytical skills, including problem analysis and critical thinking
What you will receive:
We're looking for the best and the brightest to be part of our team! Wawa has over 750 locations in the Mid-Atlantic and Florida regions, and we continue to grow and expand. We want our associates to be happy and healthy. Our generous benefits reflect our commitment to our associates, and they are designed to fit your lifestyle and help you build and plan for a great future.
- Competitive Salaries
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Disability Coverage
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Life, Children Life, and Spousal/Domestic Partner Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)