To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moorpark, CA 93021
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Program Manager
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Moorpark, CA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Benchmark products and designs have been seen at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and in Hollywood. America’s women and men in uniform count on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe and our work is part of many of the commercial aircraft seen crisscrossing the skies. Products we engineer live inside some of the world’s fastest computers and are saving lives every day in hospitals and surgical suites around the globe. Benchmark is a world-leading, top-10 EMS provider of integrated electronic manufacturing services with total revenues exceeding $2.5B and with employees in 7 countries on 3 continents offering everything from product development to regional PCB build – including system level assembly in the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia. We provide service to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of computers and related products for business enterprises, medical devices, industrial control equipment (which includes equipment for the aerospace and defense industry), testing and instrumentation products, and telecommunication equipment, including Benchmark offers customers comprehensive and integrated design and manufacturing services from initial product design to volume production including direct order fulfillment and post-deployment services. Our precision technology manufacturing capabilities complement our proven electronic manufacturing expertise by providing further vertical integration of critical mechanical components. These capabilities include precision machining, advanced metal joining, assembly and functional testing for multiple industries including medical, instrumentation, aerospace and semiconductor capital equipment. Benchmark can provide specialized engineering services, including product design, printed circuit board layout, prototyping, automation and test development. We believe that we have developed strengths in the manufacturing process for large, complex, high-density printed circuit boards as well as the ability to manufacture high and low volume products in regions such as China, Malaysia, Mexico, Romania and Thailand. Our Moorpark location is looking for a Senior Program Manager. The Senior Program Manager manages customers’ interface to achieve high customer satisfaction, profitable business relationships and sales growth with new and existing customers. Provides strong team leadership of the customers’ teams to ensure internal and external customers’ needs are met.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Ability to effectively mentor employees at all levels
• Ability to drive solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision
• Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate leadership and people management skills
• Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction
• Solid financial understanding, risk analysis ability, relationship building and project management
• Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Assist in managing and leading customer team activities as primary day-to-day customer contact
• Coordinate and maximize the use of company functions in support of customer requirements
• Support new product introduction activity including cost, pricing and prototype activity
• Work with customer(s), materials, and operations to manage build and delivery schedule
• Provide customer forecast information to master scheduling and to management for revenue and manpower planning
• Support quality, test, Engineering Change Order (ECO), materials and depot activity
• Recover costs for ECO activity, Non-Recurring Expenses (NRE) and miscellaneous
• Resolve excess/obsolete inventory issues
• Assist in resolving Accounts Receivable (A/R) issues as required
• Assist in preparation to negotiate, manage and update contracts
• Communicate effectively with customer(s) and within factory
• Lead, or assist in leading, business review meetings with BEI and customer
• Seek additional sales opportunities within customer(s)
• Manage and lead customers’ teams activities as primary day-to-day customer contact
• Manage multiple team tasks, to include but not limited to, continuous improvement programs, business analysis, quoting and pricing, contract reviews, change management, on-time delivery, inventory and forecasting
• Support management team, as needed, with building customers’ relationships and business development, with forecasting and pricing strategies, with ensuring profitability and with meeting business unit objectives
• Provide centralized management over all business and technical aspects of a customer’ accounts
• Manage customers’ concerns, corrective actions, and lead issues to completion
• Develop an understanding of DFx philosophy and promote it with customers and within the customer team
• Provide customers with written corrective action to escalated issues
• Work with Materials/Procurement to establish internal goals for annual inventory turns and report actual turns regularly
• Lead end of life program management to meet BEI and customer goals pertaining to product availability and component material planning, including working with engineering to determine alternate component solutions
• Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customers’ needs are met
• May be involved in global activities with direction
• Plan and determine most efficient and effective method of achieving program objectives with the framework of technical capabilities, company policies and procedures, and contractual requirements
• Coordinate proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, estimation of product or service costs and the negotiation of contract prices, financial terms and program requirements; Coordinate the subsequent administration of contracts, establishment of cost controls and the monitoring, reporting and justifying of costs
• Investigate technical, scheduling, financial, quality and other critical functions which deviate from established requirements; determine cause, and when possible, take corrective action
• Notify management of critical problems encountered, action taken, and anticipated effect on project objectives; Propose changes in contractual requirements when such changes appear desirable
• Provide for effective coordination of all project activities, with appropriate support functions throughout the Company, to assure optimum utilization of manpower and cooperation in the attainment of project objectives
• Implement and provide cost impact for all program to engineering changes; Submit ECO claims (material, equipment and labor) to customer; Establish cost recovery dates
• Provide delivery commitment and/or material cost impacts to customers; Report on this regularly
• Approve and impact customer for standard material purchases to include expedited freight; establish cost recovery dates; Report on this regularly
• May chair material review board (MRB) meetings for material found to be out of specification
• May ensure that Benchmark’s bill of material (BOM) and approved vendor listing (AVL) matches the customer’s; May report on this regularly
• Work with customer team and customer AR representatives to manage program accounts receivable to goal
• Ensure customer purchase orders meet contract terms and conditions; ensure Benchmark follows the contractual terms and conditions
• Establish program sales forecast; Report forecasted sales versus actual sales regularly
• Directly supervise Program Managers (as assigned), Project Specialists (as assigned), Program Administrators (as assigned), and Sustaining Product Support Engineers (as assigned) and is responsible for their performance reviews and development
• Indirectly supervise Account Managers (as assigned)
• Establish measurable tasks/responsibilities for Program Administrators
• May handle material sales to customer directed purchasers
• Manage new product introduction programs and coordinate or develop applicable proposals and quoting activities
• Develop an understanding of DFx philosophy and promote it with customers and within the customer team
• Manage customer product returns within the customer team, including customer expectations, pricing, corrective actions, and resource planning as applicable; May coordinate and process customer returns (ARMS)
• Monitor and manage excess and slow moving inventories
• Prepare and present quarterly program review presentations which address performance metrics
• Develop cost recovery strategies according to program performance and implement cost reduction plans
• May be involved in global activities
• 8+ years of program management experience
• 5+ years in a leadership role
• Experience with most complex, larger customer accounts
• 4 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management Other Requirements:
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.