GEICO is seeking a Finance Senior Director in Planning and Analysis to support our Technology and Product Management organization. In this high-impact role, you will work with our Chief Technology Officer and Chief Product Officer to help drive strategic decision-making by performing financial analysis and modeling for the Technology and Product organizations, creating reports and presentations of key financial results and recommendations for use by leadership and being a key contributor for the budgeting & forecasting processes and other financial reporting. A key strategic initiative for this individual will be to transform the way we track and report our technology and product financials today to a total cost of ownership view, allowing for more insightful analysis, reporting and management of our spend going forward. This requires someone with a data-oriented mindset, ability to drive large scale transformation initiatives from setting a clear vision and objectives through to execution. Collaboration, enthusiasm, attention to detail, and the ability to set and meet tight deadlines are essential for your success.
- Partner with the Technology and Product leadership teams to establish and maintain relationships and serve as a key point of contact for finance guidance
- Develop relevant financial metrics to provide key analytics to Technology and Product partners
- Establish reporting architecture to support Product aligned total cost of ownership view
- Acquire and maintains an understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of the Technology organization
- Take a data driven approach to assessing Technology activities; communicate business implications observed from analysis and contribute ideas and solutions to business challenges/problems
- Help business partners gain key insights into spend with important and actionable analyses
- Drive business case approach to investment planning process
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to guide operational and strategic decision making
- Create and maintain management reporting packages, including key metrics and KPIs to provide visibility to actual and planned investments in our strategic business priorities
8-12 years of relevant work experience that includes some combination of corporate finance and accountingAbility to influence business partners and provide recommendations to drive decision-making and execution
Strong financial acumen with ability to utilize financial data to diagnose business strengths and weaknesses and identify implications for potential strategies
Ability to work quickly and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and attention to detail
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related Business degree
Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
Strong communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) with the ability to understand and communicate difficult concepts
A highly motivated, collaborative team player
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Director, Technology & Product Management Finance* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Strategies
- Commercial Awareness