The Maintenance Technician is responsible for asset reliability and installation of manufacturing industrial equipment in our plant and provides support to all areas of the facility. Essential Job Duties
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Maintains and repairs plant equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, schematics, and operation manuals.
- Uses schematics, blueprints, programmable logic controls (PLC) and diagrams to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment or process related issues.
- Performs equipment change-overs when required.
- Ensures documentation of work using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), MP2 and complete work orders as assigned.
- Supports engineering and maintenance on new installation and optimization of equipment in the areas of mechanical, and electrical, high speed packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery mechanically (hydraulic/pneumatic) and electrical systems.
- Performs all duties with required safety equipment and comply with all safety regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and company policies.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical hydraulic system components.
- Strong ability to understand diagrams, sketches and schematics.
- Ability to perform basic shop skills, fabrication, and welding.
- Ability to follow ladder logic to troubleshoot equipment preferred.
- Knowledgeable of solid-state electronics including PLC’s,
- Demonstrated proficiency in all phases of machine work.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding of hydraulic, pneumatics, electrical systems, electrical safety,
- Working understanding of a CMMS System.
- Basic PLC and Variable Frequency Drive troubleshooting experience.
High School Diploma; a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing; minimum of 5 years of work experience as an industrial maintenance technician; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience with high speed packaging equipment a plus.
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19755
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile