Serves as the process expert for assigned department. Coordinates and participates in execution of R&D trials, process improvement projects, and capital projects. Provides in depth technical support to the production team. Incumbent will work on projects of high complexity for manufacturing operations across the various production departments. Works to develop new processes and new products as required.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Works together with the Process Engineering team to develop innovative process improvements and new products.
- Performs hands on lab testing as required to develop new and improved products.
- Visits vendors as required.
- As assigned, works with manufacturing management to assess business needs and determine appropriate course of action for manufacturing technology requirements and/or modifications, product and process quality standards, and cost control applications.
- Trouble shoots complex problems with production staff and suggests/implements correction with limited supervision of more senior engineering staff.
- Prepares test reports, system documents and/or closing reports from assigned engineering projects of high complexity.
- Researches problems, develops solutions and executes the implementation of those solutions in and across the various departments.
- Uses creative problem solving to identify and implement step change process improvements.
- Visits vendors as required.
- Serves as the process knowledge expert for assigned department.
- Identifies and executes complex cost savings, productivity improvement, and capital projects with limited supervision.
- Develops new manufacturing processes as required.
- Develops new products as required.
- Communicates effectively with all team members in the plant (forklift drivers, operators, technicians, managers, etc.)
- BS degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering. Six Sigma Black Belt Certification desirable.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal.
- Critical thinking, strong time management, complex problem solving, and information processing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manages complex timelines associated with launching new products and managing capital projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, technical aptitude, strong mathematical, analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system software, PC proficiency- Access, Excel, Word and MS Project and other databases.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Complex Problem Solving