The Office of the Assistant Secretary (AF/FO) is headed by Ambassador Tibor Nagy. The Assistant Secretary and his team will work towards the vision of applying transformational diplomacy to Africa, the key priorities are to reinforce African initiatives to end conflict and fight terror, support the spread of political freedom throughout the continent, expand economic opportunity and growth, and address the unique challenge of the IV/AIDS pandemic and other health ills.
- Managing the Office of the Assistant Secretary to include the Deputy Assistant Secretaries calendar to include scheduling for special events and travel
- Monitors clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and task among office staff
- Allocation of resources to enable task performance
- Work with the Africa Bureau Executive Support Office to enhance all areas of office support
- Serve as the assistant office information manager by arranging and scheduling meetings or appointments, organizing and preserving paper and computer files, managing special projects, handling travel arrangements, performing research, and distributing information through the use of telephones, mail and email
- Must be able to represent the front office with tact and diplomacy while making sure requirements are met
- Be prepared to disseminate information, coordinating mailings, proofreading documents, etc.
- Coordinating agendas, trip books and other critical correspondence.
- Receiving and handling information for distribution to staff
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Coach office staff on admin procedures
- Design and implement filing systems
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data
- Design and implement office policies and procedures
- Ensure office policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Analyze and monitor internal processes
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Handle internal office inquiries
- Manage internal staff relations
Education and/or Experience:
- 7+ years professional or related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible
- Sound judgement maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
TOP SECRET Clearance Level Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance
- Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old) or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Single Scope Background Investigation.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals.
The physical demands that will be required inside the work place and for the position. Must lift, will sit, answer the phone, type on a keyboard, move files, etc.
Some travel may be expected
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail