True Value Company, a global wholesaler serving retail locations in 60 countries, has an immediate need for an Inventory Planning Manager. You will play a meaningful role by managing planners that help to strategically and analytically forecast supply and demand of various products in specific categories. Having strong analytical, problem solving, communication, facilitation, and forecasting skills are critical in the success of this role.
Join the True Value Inventory Management team and assist in slimming the gap between overstocked products and timely product inventory delivery to more than 4,000 customers. The Inventory Planning Manager is responsible for implementing the forecasting and inventory management for one or more assigned categories. They manage a team of Demand Planners and Supply Planners. The goal of the Inventory Planning Manager function is to grow revenue and profitability through proper utilization of tools, processes and techniques to deliver world class service levels and outstanding inventory productivity. This individual is accountable for the daily coaching, training and ongoing development of the Demand and Supply Planners, monitoring compliance to established processes and facilitating collaboration with the Merchandising group to achieve financial goals.
Joining True Value offers a culture that:
- Embraces personal and professional growth
- Recognizes diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation
- Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
- Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
Trains and develops Demand Planners and Supply Planners
Administers and provides structured and non-structured feedback and performance reviews
Responsible for interviewing and providing input for hiring decisions
Acts as an advocate and key resource for Retailers in helping them achieve sales and inventory productivity goals
Manages key relationships with the Merchandising organization to ensure programs support sales, service levels and inventory objectives
Collaborates with suppliers and merchants to support sales, profit and inventory goals
Works collaboratively with supply chain, logistics and transportation organizations to ensure efficiencies are realized to achieve overall profitability for the company
- Three to five years of related experience required
- Logistics, Merchandising, Retail, Supply Chain and Wholesale experience required
- Manages the movement of inventory
- Manages the work of exempt associates
- Highly skilled in Excel and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, decision making, and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.