Be a part of a dynamic team of collaborators responsible for shaping the reputation of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. As a Communications intern, you will contribute to creative and strategic external communication and content creation for owned and earned media, as well as external community members and stakeholders. This internship opportunity provides experience working across our segment business unity with a variety of different Disney partner groups, contributing to multiple external channels. As a member of the Public Affairs organization, you will support reputational storytelling, day-to-day media inquiries, issues and crisis management. We are looking for results-oriented communicators focused on transforming the way we tell these uniquely Disney stories through engaging written and visual communication.
* Contribute to the development of communication strategies that protect and enhance the reputation of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
* Write articles and produce content for external communications vehicles, including the blog posts, social media posts, executive speaking points, media messaging and more.
* Develop and design clever and strategic visuals across a variety of mediums, including infographics, executive presentations, short-form videos, digital slides and more.
* Help facilitate photo and video shoots in support of content creation efforts.
* Help facilitate media shoots with reporters covering stories at Disneyland Resort.
* Assist in media monitoring and analysis to help provide strategic communication recommendations to Public Affairs executives.
* Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity.
* Strong administrative skills
* Well versed in grammar and punctuation
* Writing and presentation skills
* Must be able to remain calm under pressure
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities while maintaining professional poise
* Good collaboration and integration skills
* Proven ability to work well independently or in a group, is a self-starter
* Proficiency in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Mac/MS Office environment
* Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
* A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position
* Disney parks knowledge/experience
* Well versed in AP Style
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
* Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship.
* You'll be an undergraduate or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a a bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Media or related field
* The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.20 per hour
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
* This internship is a hybrid position - Must be able to provide a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace
* Program length - The approximate dates of this internship are January 2023 - June 2023
* Work details - Must be able to work FULL TIME hours (approximately 40 per week) for the duration of the internship
* Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
* Transportation - Must have reliable transportation to/from work
* Housing - Must provide own housing for the duration internship program
Recommendation - Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- Ap Stylebook
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Content Creation