If you want to take your accounting career to the next level, our client could use your expertise! At Vaco, we have direct relationships with hiring managers so they can connect your work experience to the open job. One of our clients is currently seeking a Manager of FP&A. Instead of being just another faceless resume, let Vaco promote your strengths to the hiring manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for partnering, providing critical financial and strategic consultation to functions and leaders in the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, monthly close processes and consolidated financial reporting. Additionally, this role will support the business in any special project requests.
Job Duties May Include:
- Trusted advisor as finance business partner to budget owners of assigned functional areas and lead their budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Support the FP&A team in collaboration with business partners and budget owners during annual budget and forecasting cycles.
- Perform financial metric and ROI analysis to identify trends in functional performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Translate complex (financial) concepts into value-added insights.
- Prepare and lead month-end/quarterly metrics reports for key business functions / projects.
- Coordination, reporting and analytical support of actual vs. forecast for functions supported.
- Manage deliverables based on FP&A calendar for business partners and tracking progress toward key milestones throughout the year.
- Ad hoc projects, utilizing financial analysis to provide recommendations for opportunities that create value.
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 8+ years accounting/finance experience (including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis) with a strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and internal control principles.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to present financial data and results using detailed reports and charts
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work autonomously and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while working efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving to identify opportunities and make recommendations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Experience with JD Edwards software preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management/Planning tools preferred
In this key accounting role, you will work with personnel from all areas and levels of the organization, so excellent communication and presentation are essential. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a strong understanding of and ability to prepare all three key financial statements. If you have these skills, we want to hear from you!
• Bachelor's degree or master's degree in Accounting
• CPA, highly preferred
• 5+ years of experience
• Proficient use of PeopleSoft ERP system
• Superior skills using Microsoft Excel and Word, including use of Microsoft Excel analytical tools, e.g., Pivot Tables
• Superior analytical skills
• Goal-oriented ability to prioritize and work independently
• Ability to handle above-average workload
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)