To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fremont, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Director, Quality Engineering
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Fremont, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. Precision Technologies Tempe has an extensive capability in mechanical manufacturing. Our customers are leading Original Equipment Manufacturers who require exacting precision mechanical production capabilities. Our product lines include the, Aerospace, Healthcare Scientific Instrumentation, and complex electro-mechanical equipment. Our Capabilities Include:
• Complex Electro-Mechanical assembly and test (Class 1K & 10K clean room)
• Precision CNC 5-Axis Milling and Turning
• Precision 5-Axis Grinding of Aerospace Turbine Engine Nozzles and Blades
• Close Tolerance (Micron level) Instrumentation Grinding
• High Purity Ceramic Grinding, Lapping, and Lasing
• Advanced Metal Joining (CNC Electron Beam, Mig, Tig, Brazing)
• Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) NADCAP approved
• Functional testing
• Cable and Wire Harness Assembly
• Medium to Large Coordinate Measuring Capabilities
• Automated Chemical Clean Line
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Quality Management System, CAPA, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
• GD&T, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, Risk Management, Audits, Management Reviews, and Dfx.
• Process Capability, SPC, Data Analysis, DOE and other Statistical tools.
• Project management,
• 21 CFR 820, GMP, ISO 13485, AS9100, and ISO 9001 standards.
• Medical Device equipment manufacturing or aerospace manufacturing experience
• Lean principles and practices.
• Influence without authority
• Audit experience in Medical, Aerospace, or Automotive industry.
• Engineering change controls, and configuration management.
• New product introduction.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Defines and implements divisional quality strategies, and serves as the face of quality, both internal and external to the organization.
• Establishes and has accountability for divisional quality objectives, quality management system and CAPA board.
• Matrix responsibilities for site quality leadership and acts as a partner to the site leadership in achieving operational objectives.
• Responsible for supplier quality performance.
• Maintains and fosters strong relationship with customers, at multiple organizational levels.
• Good communication skills and maintains executive presence with customers and suppliers.
• Drives site quality certifications, and regulatory strategies. Interfaces with Auditors and Regulatory personnel during customer audits or third party audits.
• Has a good understanding of Operational Key Performance Indicators and basic financial metrics.
• Develops monitors and reports on key quality and performance indicators as related to Products and processes, across all sites.
• Understands and maintains the interrelationships among functions and with other business areas.
• Trusted advisor and partner to Precision Technologies leadership on product or process related issues, both internal and external.
• Active contributor to technology road map for Precision Technologies Tower.
• Works closely with the corporate quality and operational excellence team to align KPIs and strategic initiatives.
• Responsible for quality talent development across the division including selection of new hires, promotions, disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
• Cross-site coordination for major customers.
• Keeps current on emerging trends in quality technologies and process control tools. Drives strategic initiatives on-boarding new technologies and closing gaps.
10+ years of relevant quality experience. 5+ years in a leadership role in a multiple or large site.
• 4-year college technical degree.
• Six Sigma Black Belt through ASQ or reputable company.
• MBA or MS Industrial Engineering Preferred.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.