IT Specialist Mid
- Under general direction, applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution
- Applies specialization to conceptualize, design, construct, test and implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context and organizational strategic direction
- Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects
- Collects, identifies, defines and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer
- Participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria
- Prepares system documentation, establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents
- Participates in special studies, stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies
- Assists information engineers on application of specialized knowledge to coding, testing, implementation and documentation projects
- CompTIA required (must be CE version)
- CCNA preferred
- Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
If interested, please email a copy of your resume in a Word Document to Melissa at Email blocked - click to apply
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 944899
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile