Director, Oncology, 958528
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our well established biotech partner is seeking a new leader to guide Oncology research and coordinate efforts to guide programs to successful clinical outcomes. Are you able to work in a dynamic drug discovery environment with collaborative teams and guide Oncology small molecule drug discovery programs? If so this role will be an excellent step for a scientist looking to make their mark as a leader with a great team and well-funded organization. You will have access to exceptional pharmaceutical partnerships, top academic partners, and the best CROs to help your projects come to fruition in this leadership role. Contact Chris Clancy and the Stratacuity R&D team today to learn more!
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- You will guide Oncology projects and align priorities for small molecule pipeline go/no-go decisions.
- You will know how to develop external partnerships and find the most efficient ways to execute: cell-based assays in target ID to validation and assess in vivo pharmacology partnerships and guide best modeling strategies
- You will have experience working in data analysis and interpretation in guiding experimental decision making and should be open to using computational and structural tools to guide drug discovery
- You must have strong communication and presentation skills in leading programs and presenting findings to key opinion leaders and stakeholders as well in this role
- You will have an expert knowledge base in Oncology and solid track record of research and publications in Oncology drug discovery
Primary Role Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Oncology, Cell or Molecular Biology or related discipline required with 5+ years of Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry experience
- A documented track record of leading successful drug discovery project teams from lead optimization to IND-enabling stages is necessary
- You are a true 'Drug Hunter' with proven high-impact publications in top journals or patents in the cancer field
- Data analysis is necessary for this role and familiarity with computer-aided drug design tools is necessary
- Collaborative ability to guide internal project teams and external networks of CRO, consultant, and academic partners in developing drug programs
- You must have a start-up knack for working with the team's best interests in mind and outcomes for patients
- Ability to maneuver with the evolving demands and outcomes of a biotech environment
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
[ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - ||