Customer service professionals—don’t pass up this great opportunity with a global industrial distribution company that allows you to do far more than just taking orders and fielding complaints. In partnership with over 4,000 world-class manufacturers, we are an industry-leading value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative and reliable industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it.
You will provide our customers with expert assistance to a wide variety of questions and problems. Build ongoing business relationships with our customers through repeated contact and consultation. As this is a service and parts center, our ability to get customers’ business often depends on your ability to quickly and efficiently provide them with just the right parts and/or solutions – especially when customers are experiencing costly equipment breakdowns. You will also occasionally have hands-on duties that will require mechanical aptitude.
This is a great starting point from which to grow toward a sales or management career. If you enjoy the challenge of finding just the right part or the right solution to fulfill a customer’s needs, and you have the background we’re looking for, we want to talk with you!
- Assist customers by phone and in person at our facility
- Help customers get the parts they need
- Interact extensively with customers to clarify their needs, research, and recommend parts
- Meet / exceed monthly sales goals while increasing customer satisfaction
- Provide quotes
- Take orders
- Provide post order service
- Physically measure specs on a wide variety of parts
Our Customer Service Representatives are self-motivated and driven by a desire to exceed expectations. They have strong prioritization and multitasking skill, a sense of urgency, and display excellent verbal and written communication. Interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport, build solid relationships with a wide variety of customers are critical.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 2+ yrs proven customer service, inside sales, purchasing, or tool crib expereince with a tangible product. Industrial distribution or parts counter experience preferred
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Written and verbal communication skills, including English grammar
- Organization, multi-tasking, problem solving skills. Sense or urgency, sense of humor
- Ability and desire to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (MVR)
- SAP / ERP experience, preferred
- Knowledge of industrial distribution products and hydraulics, preferred
As a Customer Service Representative with Applied Industrial Technologies, you will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. We encourage you to contribute fresh new ideas. We are committed to your professional development and with ongoing training. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Base salary and bonus opportunities
- Health, vision, and dental coverage, 401(k) w/ company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, Tuition reimbursement
- Personalized training and development program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to URL blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply to let us know the nature of your request.
Customer Relationship Management