We all face challenges and transitions in our lives, and when we do, we must be able to count on the strength of community for support. For the people of Los Angeles, Jewish Family Service LA is that trusted source of support. We are a comprehensive network of services that welcomes individuals and families of all ages and identities to our full spectrum of care. Our highly trained staff and volunteers work closely with individuals and their loved ones to problem-solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, and fulfillment.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of information Technology.
The Director of the IT department is responsible for providing IT strategic leadership and day-to-day direction for the IT department and team of in-house staff, contractors and outsourced partners. S/he will be supporting approximately 380 users at 12 physicals locations in Los Angeles County, and provide hands-on full life-cycle project management leadership. Will work with the executive team on strategic IT initiatives and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree a plus)
- Minimum eight years’ experience working in IT operations
- Extensive knowledge of computer software and hardware, specifically in Windows networked environments.
- Certifications in CompTIA Network+, Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Microsoft 365 are helpful
- General programming process knowledge, some experience with SQL server programing is helpful but not required.
- Current unrestricted CA Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems
- Must have proven hands-on full life-cycle project management experience including enterprise application implementation and on-going support (Netsmart Products - eVolv preferred)
- Experience managing an IT team of in-house staff, contractors, and outsourced partners to provide exceptional customer service
- Understanding of healthcare and non-profit technology platforms, tools, processes and HIPAA regulations as related to information use, storage, transmission, and exchange
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, and team-building skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Manage the daily operations of the IT department supporting all hardware and software and managing the daily direction, development and training of in-house staff, contractors and outsourced IT partners
- Be the hands-on full life-cycle manager implementing projects and providing on-going support and system upgrades/patches of organization applications
- Work closely with program leadership on continued development, implementation and user training of client/services databases
- Review technology requests and requirements for various programs throughout the organization and make recommendations to organization managers and executives
- Review, revise, develop and execute IT documentation and procedures to ensure data security and integrity, outstanding cybersecurity, HIPAA compliance, and disaster recovery
- Design/develop organization reports as necessary, often working in concert with program and department leadership
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of enterprise-wide software including Netsmart eVolv, accounting systems, and other software.
- Oversee technical projects in alignment with organizational goals.
- Responsible for the IT department budget development and management.
- Direct the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Design and implement IT strategies and infrastructure.
- Identify and eliminate security risks. Protect sensitive data, systems, and applications from external threats.
- Develop, implement, and monitor management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Communicate within IT team and across departments as needed.
- Assess need for new equipment and software and maintain system inventory and replacement schedule.
- Prepare progress and budget reports for management.
- Maintain and grow key IT vendor relationships; negotiate contracts with consultants and vendors for services and products.
- Manage company and client help desks.
- Perform special projects and procedures as assigned.
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.