USRC's greatest strength in being a leader in the dialysis industry is our ability to recognize and celebrate the differences in our diverse workforce. We strongly believe in recruiting top talent and creating a diverse and inclusive work climate and culture at all levels of our organization.
The Biomedical Technician is responsible for overseeing the overall operational condition, maintenance and repair of all water treatment equipment, all medical equipment and mechanical/electrical systems to ensure patient safety and the safety of all staff operating such equipment for their assigned clinic(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor hours.
- Assist with purchasing as needed: place orders, perform weekly and month end inventory counts.
- Be familiar with the overall procedures used in Inventory Control (FIFO) and assist in the documentation and control of excess inventory.
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or operational needs of the clinic.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Repair, calibrate, test, clean and disinfect dialysis machines, water distribution loop and RO's according to protocol.
- Perform water quality checks to include but not limited to: free chlorine, total chlorine, and water hardness testing.
- Perform safety checks and tests on all pretreatment water equipment including but not limited to carbon tanks, water softeners, RO units, UV lamps and ultrafilters.
- Collect samples of RO water and dialysate for microbiology testing according to protocol.
- Collect water samples for AAMI analysis testing according to protocol.
- Disinfection of central bicarbonate system and mixing tank according to protocol.
- Disinfection of RO, distribution system, and hemodialysis machines according to protocol.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform electrical safety on dialysis machines and related equipment.
- Be familiar with instruction manuals and operation for equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations. Be capable of starting up and shutting down facility's equipment if necessary.
- Maintain established preventative maintenance programs and required support documentation.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records for the facility's equipment.
- Have knowledge of the function and safe operation of water treatment equipment and related mechanical and electrical systems.
- Address physical environment issues which could impact patient and staff safety.
- Mix bicarbonate solution according to protocol. Mix acid concentrate solution according to protocol.
- Assist in receiving, storing and stocking of supplies.
- Be familiar with all emergency equipment and emergency operational procedures.
- Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as required.
- Be aware of all contracts and contacts necessary for the emergency repair of the clinic's equipment and mechanical systems.
- Obtain quotes from reputable and approved contractors as needed to address physical environment issues.
- Present technical summaries in QAPI meetings.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Administrator(s). Partner with Administrator(s) to ensure clinic needs are met.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respond effectively to inquiries or concerns.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Complete initial and annual technical training on clinical staff as required.
- Instruct staff in use and care of equipment and answer questions.
- Participate in team concepts and promote a team effort.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Electrical Installation Work
- Health Care