Fluid Quip Technologies
Fluid Quip Technologies® (Fluid Quip) provides custom technologies and engineering services to the biofuel and biochemical industries worldwide. Fluid Quip has commercialized multiple technologies to enhance the base corn-to-ethanol dry grind process, create new and novel alternative feed products, and supply the growing need for carbohydrate feedstocks into the biochemical market. Green Plains Inc., Ospraie Management, and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock hold a majority interest in Fluid Quip.
Summary: The Procurement Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) procurement, supplier selection, and supplier management functions. This includes, but is not limited to: supporting business operations by identifying viable supplier alternatives, ensuring proper financial controls are in place around spending, ensuring tactical procure-to-pay transactions (POs, credit card purchases, invoice processing, etc.), continually improving supplier performance. Establishing collaborative relationships with operational business leaders to best support their functions through spend visibility and supplier selection, leverage spend and supplier management activities across the company.
- Create RFPs/RFIs for competitive bid processes by management of cross functional teams to identify requirements and organize requirements into a market facing bid package
- Negotiate for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers, while focusing on Total Cost of Ownership for GPRE
- Provide visibility into spend trends through development and execution of a spend reporting and dashboard strategy
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Act as a functional expert in future procurement related software implementations and improvements to existing systems, including, but not limited to: contract management, eSourcing, spend analytics, EDI, eProcurement, etc.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures and process flows for key procurement and sourcing activities
- Identify cost reduction plans with key suppliers, including guaranteed cost reduction goals
- Identify alternate suppliers through industry networking, internet research, supplier portals, leveraging investor resources, and other sources
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Communicate with Executive levels to show key procurement project status and garner support for future initiatives
- Research, identify, and implement best practices for procurement and sourcing
- Act as a reliable and well trusted interface between the organization and suppliers
- Develop relationships with operational business leaders to best support their functions through spend visibility, supplier selection, and supplier management
- Prepare, present, and discuss detailed plans for the above tasks
- 10 years of procurement experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate a professional image, confidence, and listening skills
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Comfort in leading projects without existing infrastructure
- Experience purchasing commodity chemicals at operating plant level
- Experience purchasing maintenance items such as valves, pumps, and other equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing procurement strategies
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Solid business acumen and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Outstanding organizational awareness
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.