Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
As a Migration Systems Administrator, you will be work with an infrastructure team responsible for updating legacy data centers, regional data centers and various other migration projects.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Defines technical requirements necessary for migration
- Works closely with infrastructure team to ensure feasibility of using particular migration methods and helps to develop migration automation capabilities
- Works closely with CDO team to understand move groups and application dependencies
- Migrates applications and workloads as defined in the move group plan and according to application dependencies
- Works with technical and functional SMEs for user acceptance testing. Executes test plans and rollback procedures, where necessary
- Continuously improves migration execution and assists migration lead to align strategy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of data center migration project experience
- Ability to handle multiple migration projects simultaneously
- Ability to work during off-hours (nights and weekends) as needed
- Previous experience with Zerto or other virtualized infrastructures and cloud environment
- Virtualization (VMware preferred) and infrastructure experience required
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Previous migration experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field
- Clinical application (EMR/EHR, PACS, etc.) experience desired, but not required
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: health, dental and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; employee assistance program; paid time off; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: Optum Technology, data center, data migration, legacy, systems administration, virtualization, VMware, remote, telecommute, nationwide, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately, #RPO