Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
Develops and provides required instruction on all aspects of area of assignment (i.e. PSD, Firearms, Defensive Tactics, etc) prior to deployment for international assignment. Serves as fully qualified subject matter expert (SME) in subjects identified in outline of the DS training curriculum.
- Maintains presence at the designated training facility for all instruction and attends all practical exercises
- Sets up and maintains training facility (ranges, driving courses, equipment, etc)
- Ensures accountability for all training equipment
- Ensures safety of students. Communicates and ensures compliance with all company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines
- Provides instruction and conducts training courses utilizing prescribed curriculum
- Develops and maintain training plans
- Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment
- Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial instruction
- Completes and files all required reports in a timely manner
- Identifies in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards, and completes all required continuing education and refresher training programs
- Completes any additional training and/or certifications required by the government or the contract
- Must be willing to operate company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be U.S. Citizen with current US Passport
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a clear driving record for the last five years
- Three years of full-time instructional experience in field of expertise
- Three years of operational experience in field of expertise (experience must be within the last 10 years)
- Must meet all DS instructor standards and must demonstrate the DS procedures and techniques to the DS Training Center Training Unit, including physical fitness testing
- Must be a fully qualified SME in at least two subjects for the Bio categories of Resources, Explosive Countermeasures, Tactical Medical, DDM, Protective Operations, Firearms, Chem/Bio, Tactical Skills, Vehicle Dynamics/Technical Driving, Off Road/Unimproved Driving, and Hostage Survival
- BFFOC Certification required for all Firearms Instructors and DDM Instructors
- Must have attended and completed at least 80 hours of training in adult learning and/or instructional techniques or 80 hours of contractor provided instructor refresher course
- Experience may have been gained in any of the following organizations: US Department of State Diplomatic Security Service, US Secret Service, US Federal Agencies (FBI, former Special Agents with protective security background), US Special Operations Forces, US Military, commercial executive protection services with military or police background, Law Enforcement experience, US Military Police/Criminal Investigation Division, Local and State law enforcement agencies with Emergency Services Unit, and/or Special Weapons and Tactical training
- Must be able to obtain MRPT clearance
- Spanish language skills are a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process. Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Instructor, WPS (Casual)
Work is based in a busy training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. In addition to work in a classroom setting, frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours vary from Sunday-Saturday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm. However some extended or weekend hours are required, and work schedule will vary.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.