Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The EMR Training Specialist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the program designed to teach the electronic health record systems to others. The EMR Training Specialist will work cooperatively with the information management system team to coordinate training needs and serve as liaison among end users of the system.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Will work closely with the EMR Instructional Design team to ensure training material is properly created, maintained, and updated.
- Responsible for implementing EMR training in collaboration with the employee’s Manager. This will include both traveling to the learners and / or virtual training.
- May also participate and contribute to other various operational training throughout MedExpress.
- Understand details around the knowledge of applicable workflows as it pertains the use of Epic.
- Participates in EMR upgrade planning to determine level of training development materials and ensuring proper communication to the centers.
- Participate in formal and informal problem-solving processes to meet the Electronic Medical Record computer education needs and established outcomes for end users.
- Provides coaching support to staff to ensure compliance and consistency in the center as it relates to the Epic EMR.
- Assists management with problem solving during Epic EMR Deployments (e.g. IT issues, common mistakes, system errors etc.).
- Maintains accurate training records and notes.
- Responsible for staying current on all ME policy and procedural updates and applying updates to curriculum and learning materials.
- Assist with updating and creating new training content as assigned.
- Assist with logistics, transportation and coordination of materials and site locations.
- Function as a consultant to platform business partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience in formal teaching, presenting and/or training
- Flexibility to work an irregular schedule that changes weekly and monthly based off travel needs. May be expected to work some weekends and an occasional holiday
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft products required (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Valid driver’s license from the state of residence
- Experience with presentation skills, instructional design basics, and learning objective
- Ability to provide leadership necessary to ensure a positive team approach, guide, and coach others, and convey compliance requirements
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed records and to multi-task
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally in both written and oral forms
- Ability to train/present to small to medium size groups, both in-person and virtually
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships
- Desire to expand knowledge of industry standards and develop new skill set
- Ability to complete and pass an Epic Trainer certification program prior to being allowed to operate as an independent trainer on the Epic EMR Platform
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Will consider an Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Health-related field
- Experience in using the Epic Electronic Medical Record System
- Knowledge or experience with industry standards in training and development (presentation skills, instructional design basics, learning objectives, content development, etc.)
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: training, adult learning, training specialist, professional development, healthcare, human resources, virtual training, train the trainer, clinical trainer, provider trainer, provider training, clinical training, MedExpress, Optum, EMR, EPIC, Canonsburg, PA