Complete monthly general ledger close, including preparation of financial statements, analytical review of financial statements, journal entries, account reconciliations, and other reporting and ad hoc analysis as required for a timely close, while ensuring adherence to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Prepares and disseminates financial statements and other financial reports for internal financial reporting package
- Prepares schedules for SEC reporting and reviews draft reports
- Coordinates with subsidiaries to ensure proper recording of financial information and confirms intercompany activity balances
- Prepares account analyses and records journal entries for assigned areas
- Performs account reconciliations, including key estimate accounts
- Review and prepare vendor accruals
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Prepares monthly borrowing base reporting and quarterly bank covenant calculations and reporting
- Assists with process improvements and internal control enhancement
- Other ad hoc reporting and duties as assigned.
3+ years of experience
Public Accounting experience preferred
Industry experience, a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1351BR
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, otics, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
View the full profile
Akorn has Research and Development facilities in Vernon Hills, IL; Warminster, PA; and Copiague, NY that provide a robust and continuous pipeline of new products. Akorn's manufacturing facilities are located in Decatur, IL; Somerset, NJ; Amityville, NY; Paonta Sahib, India; and Hettlingen, Switzerland.