The Actimize Applications Systems Specialist supports the compliance applications, systems and services that ensure the bank meets all of its legal and regulatory responsibilities and obligations in connection with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Fraud detection and prevention, Trade Surveillance and Know Your Customer (KYC) efforts.
This role is fully knowledgeable on the functionality of Actimize software and collaborates with Business and Support groups on Enhancements, System upgrades and on-call user support.The Specialist's job is primarily transaction focused with a strong tactical core that requires, exercising discretion and independent judgment to resolve challenges and achieve the business teams' goals.
- Plan, design, develop/implement code/configuration for AML, Fraud and Trade Surveillance applications
- Perform analysis to determine and verify business requirements/issues specification, flows and deliverables for projects.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make/implement recommendations.
- Prepare essential documentation to define requirements, test plan and analysis.
- Perform support for Compliance applications; Troubleshoot issues in all the
environments and perform root cause analysis.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality, timely, SLA and solutions to problems.
- Communicate effectively and pro-actively with business users, support teams, vendor, and all stakeholders.
- Multi-task and work on multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Create and execute test cases and scripts for testing of changes and releases.
- Upgrade system software working in conjunction with users.
- Perform system debugging tasks.
- Investigate system issues with the application and other system components.
- Provide on call support on a rotating basis.
- Document and maintain functional requirements and process system flows.
- Proven hands-on experience with Actimize - AML, Fraud and Trade Surveillance.
- At least 7 or more years' experience in implementing technologies and/or vendor platforms to service the business need and/or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with IT development, system design & integration and data analysis.
- Ability to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities.
- Ensure functionality of product meets with business requirements and expectations.
- Well-developed research and analytical skills with good problem solving and lateral thinking ability.
- Analysis of existing applications to identify weakness and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Team-oriented, must be self-motivated, plan and manage time effectively, and be customer focused.
- Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Ability to quickly learn new systems, products and businesses; Proactive and result-oriented.
- Experience in UNIX and Windows shell scripting for process automation.
- Experience with SQL scripting (Oracle, MS SQL).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate concepts and ideas to diverse audiences.
- Detailed, thorough, diligent individual with robust data analysis, customer service and time management skills.
- Experience in waterfall and agile development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with AML, Fraud, Trade Surveillance and other compliance functions.
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience in all facets of software development, IT operations, decision-making, strong judgment, management skills and a considerable aptitude in human relations.
- Prior experience in Banking / Financial industry would be preferred.
- Agile Methodology
- Banking Services