Accountants, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Accountant and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Accountant your typical day may involve:
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Assist as needed in any collection efforts
- Calculate commissions on the appropriate deals
- Create and file monthly sales tax reporting for defined states and countries
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing process
- Organize financial data into usable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company's targets
- Ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations
- Proven work experience as a Senior Accountant
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) accounting software
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Cross-functional team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is a plus
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your financial expertise, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities. It's a great opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level!
Here's what you will need to succeed as a Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of experience
• CPA or CPA candidate
• Public accounting experience; Big 4, desired
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
Standard Accounting Practices