Praescient Analytics, LLC is a Veteran-led, certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) founded in 2011 which specializes in implementing advanced analytics solutions across the defense, intelligence, and law enforcement communities. With over 40 contracts across 6 continents, over 70% of our employees are veterans and or have intelligence, law enforcement or counter fraud experience. We fully understand the unique challenges of our clients and work to identify, vet, implement, and enhance commercial and proprietary technologies to provide full scope solutions, because we have been there. Praescient has extensive experience designing, developing, and integrating solutions for customers including the US Army, Special Operations Command (SOCOM), US Navy (USN), US Marine Corps (USMC), US Coast Guard (USCG), Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), intelligence community, and local law enforcement agencies, among others.
Praescient Analytics is seeking experienced Cryptologic Linguists to support our U.S. government customer in multiple locations nationwide. Cryptologic Linguists will have a significant impact on critical national security missions. Positions will be available for multiple language categories, but anticipated priority languages include Arabic, Chinese-Mandarin, Chinese-Cantonese, Farsi, Korean, Pashto, Russian, and Somali.
* Translates and transcribes materials from a variety of written and oral communications into English; to include hardcopy, electronic, and multi-media material.
* Provides gists (summarization of key points), extracts, full, and verbatim transcripts, as well as produces summaries from written materials
* Performs final quality control on translations produced by other linguists ensuring the final product is a faithful and accurate rendition of the original material
* Conducts accurate translations of audio language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats in a manner that preserves the integrity and meaning of the original material
* Transcribes spoken language into either the native language or machine compatible transliteration system
* Translates language (voice) or graphic material into modern American English in either full or gisted format
* Scans foreign language material and assigns disposition codes in accordance with established guidance
* Drafts SIGINT reports as required
* Creates candidate database entries for government; maintains language dictionaries and language related target folders; electronic workspace (eWS) tools, and profiles
* Analyzes material in and of itself or in light of other source information
* Shares language expertise with government or contractor language and intelligence analysts, and other personnel as requested by the government (Mentoring)
* Active in scope TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
* Extensive Cryptologic/SIGINT and quality-control experience ranging from Junior to Expert Level that equals 2-15+ years of experience
* Bachelor's degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency or organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education preferred
* Foreign language proficiency of 3/3 in English and target language (testing requirement waived for DLPT/PQE scores within previous year) ; some positions may only require 2/2
* Willingness to undergo and ability to pass a full-scope polygraph
* Excellent command of the grammar, constructions, and syntax of both English and the target language
* Knowledge and understanding of geopolitical, regional, ethnic and cultural environment in which the language is used
* Current knowledge of idioms, colloquialisms, and slang with a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social and political environment in which the language is used
* Ability to work largely independently after a short period of target familiarization and training
* Ability to work in a mixed environment consisting of multi-service personnel, DoD civilians and government contractor personnel
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
What you can expect from us:
* Real opportunity for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated
* Constant collaboration with numerous teams to ensure client success
* A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
* Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
* A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
* Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
* Comprehensive, Company paid United Health Care Medical for you and your family (We pay your premiums and deductibles)
* 401(k) & 4% matching
* Travel & performance incentives
* 3 weeks paid time off (plus Federal Holidays)
* $5K annual training allowance
* $500 book allowance
* Tuition reimbursement program
Praescient Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or on any other basis which is protected under applicable law. This includes a commitment to provide a work environment that is free from all forms of illegal harassment including sexual harassment.
This covers all terms and conditions of employment including (but not limited to):
* Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, or demotion of all job classifications;
* Recruiting, advertising or solicitation for employment;
* Treatment during employment;
* Rates of pay or other forms of compensation;
* Selection for training;
* Company sponsored social and recreational activities; and
* Layoff or termination
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US Citizenship Required
Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested Candidates: Please forward your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Cryptologic Linguists (Multiple Languages)
and please visit our website to apply online at www.praescientanalytics.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Foreign Language
- Microsoft Office