At La Porte Hospital our Float Pool RN's are shared employees between the IMCU, ICU, and Med/Surg units. This RN may also be needed at times to Float to the Emergency Department, however, a majority of your time will be spent in the IMCU/ICU.
The experience we are looking for:
- 2+ years of hospital critical care experience from an Intermediate care unit, progressive care, step down, or ICU unit
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN/ASN) required
- BSN preferred
Licensure & Certification:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
- BLS certification must be maintained while in this position
- ACLS certification within 12 months of hire, must be maintained while in this position
Perks of this position:
- +20% pay incentive
- Variety of patients
Who are we?
Nestled in the county side just off the shores of Lake Michigan in Northern Indiana, Northwest Health - La Porte has been the heart of healthcare in La Porte for more than 40 years. La Porte is a 227-bed hospital providing acute care with strong programs in cardiology, orthopedics, surgical services, emergency care, oncology, and maternal health.
Why should you join us?
As of October 2020, our new and improved La Porte location opened which extenuates La Porte’s lake-rich community of blue, greens, and dune grasses. The brand new building offers a coffee shop, indoor and outdoor seating area located next to the serenity garden. Our new location features the latest technology for our staff and providers. Our hospital is La Porte’s only stroke center and nationally accredited chest pain center.
- Successful completion of a drug screen
- Employment background check
La Porte Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
La Porte, Indiana is located just about an hour south of Chicago and has a population of 20,000+. Indiana Dunes is just a quick trip away which includes activities such as camping, hiking, or if you want to dip your toes into the “sands” of Lake Michigan. La Porte offers a variety of activities with its historical culture.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Medical Emergency