Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our Westfield, MA facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by five core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
We are actively seeking a EHS Manager to join our growing team. If you are looking for a new opportunity with a leading packaging company, ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
- Company-provided life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellness program – living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives.
Assists in strategically planning, directing, and implementing “world class” safety culture and ensures compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations by performing the duties listed below. The scope of the role includes all the sites across the globe under the ProAmpac umbrella.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in developing, promoting and implementing a proactive, positive safety culture throughout the organization.
- Collaborates with EHS Leaders and Site Leadership to promote and support EHS Excellence strategies and annual goals (KPIs) for manufacturing sites.
- Analyzes performance, identifies gaps and opportunities, and helps set strategies and policy for year over year improvement and sustainment translating strategy into actionable project plans.
- Ensures EHS SOPs are implemented and trained to maintain compliance, reduce associated injury, minimize company exposure/risk, and ensure compliance with Safety Management Systems as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assists with audits of the facilities, tracks audit completion, and aids facilities to resolve action items; provides site support and guidance for ProAmpac EHS Compliance Audits
- Helps to maintain overall plant cleanliness and aids in compliance to various EHS regulations and commitments through management of Custodial resources
- Promotes risk management program and evaluations to set priorities for equipment guarding, ergonomics concerns, and other EHS items of concern.
- Encourages implementation of behavioral safety programs to focus on elimination of at-risk behaviors.
- Assists and provides guidance for site level environmental and safety regulatory reports prior to submission (Air, Hazardous Waste, Tier II, Form R, BLS, etc.)
- Support employee engagement and EHS communications through media sources including Town Halls, electronic education, facilitating safety committees, and other appropriate resources.
- Demonstrates commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
- Employee remains current in changing EHS regulations.
- Assist in standardization efforts and cost savings opportunities – gloves, knives, hazardous waste, etc.
- Leads efforts to develop Environmental Management Systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work primarily in a climate controlled indoor environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Hearing protection, safety shoes and vision protection required.
This role operates in a professional office environment that requires some exposure to a manufacturing environment. Employee is rarely exposed to non-toxic/nuisance smells from chemicals, airborne dust, moving mechanical parts, high noise levels and hot/humid environmental conditions in the manufacturing area during extremely hot summer months.
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, or other science field.
- Five or more years’ experience leading EHS issues.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ISO and ASME standards preferred.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certifications are a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, and Outlook email and calendar capabilities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of confidential/sensitive information.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations) with executive leadership, staff, and internal and external clients.
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs, and develop solutions and/or options.
- Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Certified Safety Professional
- Confident And Emotionally Stable