Responsible for the operation of autologous blood recovery devices (cell savers) in an operational setting. Also will operate Quality Control (QC) cell saver, Activated Coagulation/Clotting Time (ACT), Blood Gas machines and Thromboelastography (TEG) analyzer.
* Prepares for procedures by performing patient assessment.
* Assist in the sets up of extracorporeal devices used for temporary replacement or support of cardiac or pulmonary function.
* Sets up and operates autologous blood processing devices.
* Sets up and operates Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) devices.
* Sets up and operates Bone Marrow Concentration devices.
* Assures that perfusion packs, ecmo and cell saver equipment and supplies are available for scheduled and emergency surgeries.
* Performs assembly, maintenance, cleaning and calibration of equipment and maintains adequate supplies and stocking carts.
* Provides proper documentation of assessments, activities, and procedures.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One year experience required
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
* Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Rare use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Rare driving.
- Data Entry