About Us: URL blocked - click to apply
is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply
. What You'll Be Doing:
Our CDL Driver will drive a 53 ft. day cab tractor trailer .
- Makes deliveries of merchandise to customers, other Irby branch locations and/or to final destination. Projects a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers.
- Assists with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Is responsible for general care and maintenance of the vehicle assigned to driver.
- Maintains a good driving record and be properly licensed as a commercial driver.
- Understands and abides by the Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations for Interstate drivers where applicable. Maintains driver log according to D.O.T. regulations.
- Has a good working knowledge of the delivery area served.
- Ability to assist Warehouse personnel with the following, but not limited to: warehouse housekeeping duties, withdrawal of merchandise to fill orders, packaging and labeling of orders, storing and shelving of merchandise, relocation and/or rearrangement of stock as required.
- CDL Class A License is required for this position.
- Must have strong communication skills, and a commitment to delivering excellence in customer service every time.
We proudly offer a competitive salary with several incremental raises by 18 months on the job! Check out our benefits
- Minimum of two years driving with a CDL Class A license and a clean driving record-no accidents.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Transit, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more. Sonepar - Irby Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer