ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Under general supervision, processes and maintains all incoming chemicals and supplies. This individual will also be responsible for tracking supplies and placing orders before stocks are depleted. Working across departments to ensure each area is fully stocked with necessary supplies, standards, and general laboratory supplies at all times. This individual will be responsible for maintaining and organizing the warehouse. This individual will perform a variety of maintenance duties to insure the upkeep of rooms, buildings, and related facilities. This individual will perform small repair jobs and contribute to special projects.
- Physically receiving incoming laboratory supplies and acknowledge receipt of supplies in purchasing system.
- Accurately logging in all incoming laboratory supplies into the chemical inventory system when applicable.
- Delivering supplies to end users and/or stocking in the warehouse.
- Placing supply orders for different departments.
- Place orders for general lab supplies/equipment to keep the entire building stocked.
- General Maintenance duties, small repair jobs and handyman type activities/duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Motivated and fast paced personality
- Multi-tasking, good decision maker, goal oriented
- Must be able to work independently and accurately
- Must be dependable with excellent attendance history
- Able to learn new software/computer systems for inventory management
- Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely. Use appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work environment
- High School Diploma
- Laboratory experience is strongly desired.
- Computer skills, Microsoft programs.
- Basic plumbing, carpentry and electrical skills.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- This position requires sitting, standing, bending, and lifting for 100% of an 8+ hour day
- Able to lift up to 50+ lbs
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Facilities Technician to view company E-Verify Participation Poster