UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual ispart of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leadersacross most major segments of the US health care system. When you work withUnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's thatsimple...and it's that challenging. In providing consumer-oriented healthbenefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care,lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empoweredto achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact asyou contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer& Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to dowhat you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step inwhat is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career. Thisis your life's bestwork.(sm)
Senior Account Executive for the UHC Key Accounts responsible forbroker/consultant and direct sales to customers in the 100 to 3,000+employee range. The principle focus is the sale of new fully insured and ASO businesswith indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts.
- Identifies potential healthcare business customers
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation
- Attains targeted sales goals for region and health plan
- Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels
- Leads cross-functional team to achieve positive sales results
- Identifies opportunities for ancillary/Enterprise products on all new sales
- Travel as required
- Relationship Building
- Develops and maintains strong broker/consultant relationships
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships
- Understand customer and broker/consultant needs and provide value-added consultation
- Identifies key brokers/consultants for management development
- Presents a positive image of UHG in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization
- Maintain current knowledge of all UHC products, services, and underwriting practices and principles
- Effectively communicate UHG/UHC strategies and mission to the marketplace
You'll be rewarded and recognized for yourperformance in an environment that will challenge you and give you cleardirection on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated equivalency of education and experience.
- 3+ years of sales experience working with small or mid- market accounts in the insurance industry (medical benefits)
- 3+ years of experience using consultative skills working with brokers and consultants.
- 3+ years of experience obtaining and exceeding sales goals
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining positive, constructive working relationships with senior level executives both internally and externally.
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Careers at UnitedHealtcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sr. Account Executive, Senior Account Executive, Key Accounts, Seattle, WA, Washington