To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Urbana, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
25S Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer
Army National Guard • Urbana, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Communication is a vital part of the military’s ability to run successful missions. It’s the role of the Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainers to ensure the lines of communication are always open, by installing, operating, and maintaining strategic and tactical multi-channel satellite communications.
Duties of the Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer include: transmitting, receiving, and logging messages according to military procedures; encoding and decoding classified messages; operating telephone switchboards; installing, maintaining, and operating communications equipment; and monitoring and responding to emergency calls.
Advanced Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainers provide guidance on technical issues to other Soldiers; identify and report electronic jamming and deception; and apply appropriate electronic countermeasures.
• Conduct stressed and unstressed network operations
• Maintenance of satellite communications equipment and associated devices
• Prepare system and equipment related forms and reports
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Use of various types of communication equipment
• Working with codes
• Maintenance and care of communications equipment
• Interest in communications equipment and satellite systems
• Ability to perform physically and mentally under pressure
• Ability to work as a team member
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you’ll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.