Made in the USA and Demanded Everywhere that’s the RIDGID® difference.
At Ridge Tool we offer highly competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including paid holidays, vacation, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, tuition reimbursement, on-site cafeteria, 401(k), tool-loaning program, a clean production environment, as well as other benefits of working for a world-class organization.
The Unit Manager reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with other functional leaders such as Safety, Engineering, Materials Management, Quality, Perfect Execution, Human Resources, and Plant Controller.
The Unit Manager is responsible for the safety, employee engagement, productivity, quality, and equipment maintenance associated with leading a continuous-shift manufacturing facility. He/she will oversee all manufacturing activities including but not limited to assigning and directing the work of production, ensuring focus on Lean Daily Management principles, and accomplishing goals established by the organization’s strategic priorities. He/she will drive efficiencies using Lean Manufacturing techniques and ensure consistency of standards, practices, and policies.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to carry out strategic initiatives associated with production objectives.
- Lead and direct Production teams of approximately 150 employees.
- Provide overall direction for scheduling, production capacity and planning to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure execution of production plan by establishing priorities, scheduling activities and monitoring progress; revising schedules, and resolving problems.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental supervisors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure achievement of safety goals through developing and supporting a culture of following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, swiftly following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors.
- Ensure desired level of employee engagement. This includes developing and supporting a culture of listening, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors.
- Ensure achievement of quality goals, ensuring employees are properly trained on quality standards, and following proper quality procedures. Partner directly with Quality Manager to ensure adherence to customer quality standards.
- Incorporate and foster continuous improvement by utilizing lean principles and determining root cause and corrective measures to reduce waste in the plant; recommending preventative maintenance requirements to guarantee safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all departments of the plant in establishing and carrying out all responsibilities.
- Effectively communicates throughout all levels of the organization on key issues.
- Maintain performance expectations of the Production Supervisors through coaching and counseling.
- Travel as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience with 5 years in supervision.
- Demonstrated successful experience in understanding and leading in Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Broad understanding of safety and enforcement of safety rules and policies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, driven
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Continuous Improvement Process