Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
40 Waterview Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
The Staff, Tax Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Manager, Tax Compliance & Controversy with the completion of the US federal and state income tax returns for the US filing group. In addition this role will be responsible for handling the relationship with our third party provider and will work with them on an ongoing basis to ensure the property tax process is running smoothly. The ideal candidate will have some general background in US federal and state income tax and property tax with a willingness to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the federal and state income tax compliance process including data gathering, review and completion of various tax computations.
- Complete fixed asset rollforwards for book and tax on an annual basis via SAP. Usage of SAGE system to complete tax depreciation calculations for newly acquired entities not yet on SAP.
- Prepare trial balances used for US tax compliance.
- Opportunity to assist with R&D credit and other credit calculations.
- Assist with the management of the US property tax compliance process which is completed by a third party service provider.
- Research various property tax questions brought forward from our business units.
- Address and resolve in a timely manner various income, sales and use, property, and other tax notices.
- Assist with ensuring that we are compliant with tax internal controls on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with property tax implications related to acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist the Legal Department with Annual Report filings by supplying relevant key data as needed basis.
- Assist with ongoing nexus studies and analysis.
- Research various state matters related to income tax compliance.
- Special projects as they arise.
- U.S. Income Tax Compliance - 70%
- Property Tax - 20%
- Other - 10%
Skills and Experience
Qualifications, Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or in pursuit of CPA a plus
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on US income tax compliance and/or property tax
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Excel, tax research and fixed asset software products a plus (e.g., HFM, OneSource, SAP, Checkpoint, SAGE, Vertex)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interface with colleagues across numerous functions and geographic regions
We are seeking an individual who desires the following:
- Stable and growing company - Hubbell has a nearly 130 year history.
- Broad US Compliance Foundation - This position will allow the ideal candidate an opportunity to obtain a broad foundation in various aspects of income tax, sales and use tax and property tax. Individual will have the opportunity to see the entire tax compliance process from start to finish and learn about various technical items in our return as they grow with the company.
- Mentoring environment
- Make an impact - Opportunity to provide ideas and input regarding ways to improve processes
Candidate Individual Profile:
- Highly intelligent, quick learner, willingness to learn new skillset
- Creative, proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Works well with others
- Must possess professional maturity and poise
- Ability to perform effectively in an environment of constant change and growth; must be flexible and adaptable
- Work effectively in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.