DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic and operational direction and decision making to the Maintenance staff in support of company goals
- Formulate and recommend maintenance policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Provide effective leadership for all plant activities to drive continuous improvement site-wide
- Scheduling and managing all outages and shutdowns.
- Responsible to drive implementation/continuous improvement to assure the safety/quality/quantity of the products produced.
- Establishes and manage a computerized maintenance management system for tracking orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Drive effectiveness of the storeroom and spare parts inventory to ensure that needed parts are available.
- Ensure maximum uptime of all equipment through the use of preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Work with the cross-functional leadership team to prioritize plant needs, ensure weekly maintenance scheduled work is planned and manage day-to-day maintenance support to the plan.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, train and develop maintenance and engineering employees creating collaborative and engaged teams.
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, lead shutdown planning, review all pending inspections prior to shut down and conduct daily formal meeting with operations and maintenance team during shutdown periods.
- Responsible for managing preventive and predictive maintenance initiatives and programs.
- Manages maintenance labor and expense to meet plant budget.
- Participates in construction and start-up responsibilities.
- Maintain the plant utilities and consumables
- Oversee contracts with service providers to maintain outsourced plant functions where appropriate.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of a high-quality, high-preforming and diverse workforce.
- Consistent with Preventive Maintenance Program, shall lead to optimize warehouse inventory stocking levels to ensure needed spares are on hand available and that excess parts inventory is minimized
- Formulate and recommend maintenance policies and programs that guide the organization on maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Responsible for compliance to all federal, state, corporate Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and leading industry practices.
- Responsible for assuring all company policies, rules and guidelines are being followed and administered in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ten (10) years of progressive maintenance experience in refinery, chemical, petrochemical or industrial facility preferred
- Five (5) years in maintenance or engineering leadership role
- Ability to effectively lead individuals and teams through professional, respect and focus on high standards
- Process Engineering experience preferred
- Knowledge of ISO14000 and ISO 9001 is preferred
- Align and drive deliverables through safety and core value leadership
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance and coaching.
- Knowledge of the core principles of 5-S, Six Sigma or lean manufacturing and waste reduction
- Strong working knowledge of Process Safety Management and Continuous Improvement methods
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
The Maintenance Manager drives a cultural of safety, setting expectations, standards, and reinforcing positive behavior during the course of daily business. The Maintenance Manager is responsible to drive continuous improvement by adhering to all Company policies and procedures, assuring safety, quality and quantity of products produced. Identifies areas of opportunity and ability to develop a plan of action to correct issues, ultimately leading successful efforts to correct identified needs.
Continuous Improvement Process
Iso 14000 Standard
Six Sigma Methodology