To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Columbia, PA 17856
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Spring 2019 Internship - Plant Accountant
GAF Materials Corporation • New Columbia, PA
Posted 7 days ago
Looking to build upon your learning and apply your education through an exciting opportunity with a $3 billion leader in the building materials industry? Then GAF's Internship Program is for you! GAF products have been designed and made for more than 125 years by talent and innovation emanating from the minds of its employees. All of us are champions of our values, some of which include innovation, safety, quality, and integrity, and we work for a company that rewards us for it. That’s why we’ve grown into North America's leading roofing manufacturer! Come build your future as we build the American dream- one roof at a time.
GAF is looking for a Plant Accountant Intern. The ideal candidate will be a rising Sophomore or Junior majoring in Finance or Accounting. We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, diligent, energetic and professional candidates. This individual will assist with various items in support of the team at GAF including:
A/P – Process Invoice / GRNB / Open PO / Error Resolution.
- Review invoices (including raw materials, third party items, and services or parts) and match to receipt for received quantity, pricing, vendor remit to address and payment terms.
- Monitor invoices to process in a timely manner to ensure that the company can take advantage of all available payment term discounts
- Review Goods Received not Billed Reports and request copies of any aged outstanding invoices and submit to CARTA.
- Review with maintenance department the Maximo Open PO Report to ensure that all services have a receiver complete with accurate pricing or amounts
- Investigate invoice discrepancies by researching issues and looping back to Purchasing / vendor / or shipping to resolve unmatched information.
Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and quality of all financial information
- Month-end closing and reporting
- Goods received not billed reporting
- Preparation, tracking and reviewing of journal entries
- Account analysis and reconciliation during closing, as required
- Coordinate and/or review booking of monthly raw material physical count
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reporting package
- Maintain bills of materials and routings
Support Accounting Manager goals and activities and Plant processes to reduce costs and improve profitability.
- Participate in Safety and Housekeeping programs as required.
- Operations involvement – work to understand plant manufacturing process and quality variables that impact the manufacturing process.
- Variance analysis forecasting and actual performance reporting to Plant and corporate management.
- Use intellectual curiosity to identify and resolve receiving, material usage and PPV issues.
- Work with department managers to control overhead spending.
- Assist with business analysis projects.
Assist with physical inventory process and control.
- Perform and/or audit cycle counts for finished goods and raw materials throughout the year.
- Production reporting balancing, auditing and verification. Serve as production posting backup.
- Ensure verification of receipts
- Track usages for plant trials and ensure all appropriate costs are charged to the PTR
- Assist with SMOOSI management throughout the year.
Provide support and assistance with annual budgeting process.
- Assist the Accounting Manager and plant staff to meet plan timetable.
- Analyze accounts and prepare schedules as requested.
- Prepare Annual Budget books for staff.
Maintain capital (AFCE) project files by assisting with profit-bearing AFCE savings analysis (IRR) and/or asset disposals.
- Coordinate and/or provide assistance with monthly reporting of Capital spending forecasting.
- Prepare the monthly reporting of fixed asset additions, disposals or change notices.
- Provide oversight of fixed asset physical inventories to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Review fixed asset records to validate accuracy of data.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team.
GAF is an equal opportunity employer.