To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Chesterfield, VA 23225
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Healthtrust • North Chesterfield, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Other Great Industries
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Staff Accountant – Richmond, VA – Full Time
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all Cash Clearing Account reconciliations and the research for all cash discrepancies for multiple facilities. Other duties will include Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) research and general accounting functions that would include journal entries, financial reporting of Patient Account Service operations and the support of allocation to the hospitals. This is a Full Time opportunity, working Monday through Friday, from 8:30AM to 5:00PM. Candidates must be able to work the 1st through the 5th of every month, for month end close.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Maintain General Ledger
- Prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support PAS management in the review of monthly operating performance and allocation
- Compile monthly statistics and key indicators
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate PAS personnel
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for all Balance Sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances
- Actively participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Perform timely internal compliance audits for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and A/R as directed and maintain ongoing documentation
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit, Hospital management and other internal management
- Ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirement.
- Minimum of two years of Accounting/Finance experience required. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
We offer a convenient location, free parking, training support, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits that include several insurance packages to choose from, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and holidays, company matching 401K.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Job ID: 08648-161039
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.