• Location: Vance, AL
• Timeframe: immediate
• Travel: low. Primary work location is at the Vance manufacturing plant.
• Will work in a state of art manufacturing environment working with latest generation of Cisco technology and industrial controls and factory automation systems. Must be interested in factory environments
• Will function as Tier 2/3 technical escalation, implementation, troubleshooting and operations (Run support) engineer and understands incident, change management, optimization and continuous improvement
• Will work with Networking & Security technologies and industrial controls, automation and robotics.
• Primary tech skills: Strong with Cisco LAN switching and WAN routing.
• Secondary tech skills: Network Security primarily Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, etc.
• Hands-on with any: Cisco products 29XX, 38XX, 4500X, 9XXX, Stratix 5800, Siemens Industrial Switches, Optical switches, Cisco Client, PIX, ASA, Fortinate Fortigate firewalls.
• Certifications: CISSP, Cisco Industrial certifications
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills, can handle priority driven schedules and pressure, sense of urgency, deliverables oriented
• Note: candidates that worked with other manufacturing companies are ideal for this role
• Work schedule: Typically Tues-Sat. with occasional Sun work depending on cutovers or other critical network maintenance activities. Be available to troubleshoot network after-hours as necessary
• Ideally be a CCNP or CCDP certified engineer.
• Ideally CISSP or Security+ or other security cert highly desirable
• Direct manufacturing experience is ideal but not mandatory
• Automation experience including TCP/IP network interfacing with industrial controls such as PLCs, Robotic controls and devices, Industrial IOT, Common Industrial Protocol (CIP), etc.
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks