The VP, Human Resources works closely with business leaders and people managers driving HR strategies that attract, develop and retain talent required for the business while optimizing the associate experience. As a member of the HR leadership team, the VP Human Resources helps to shape the organization HR strategy, anticipating trends and bringing strong understanding of business and associate requirements. This position is responsible to collaborate with HR functional centers of expertise to develop and deliver integrated and inclusive HR services and programs. The VP Human Resources collaborates across business segments/subsidiaries to assure best practices in HR are identified and shared employing effective change management strategies.
- In partnership with business leaders and people managers, responsible for planning and executing on HR components of business decisions including organization design, human capital planning, talent management, change management, associate effectiveness and engagement.
- Serve as coach, counsel and adviser to people managers and business leaders to drive development of leadership and talent capability and competencies as well as assuring associate engagement and inclusion for organization effectiveness.
- Champion associate engagement through assuring effective communication, culture, associate value proposition and diversity and inclusion in workplace.
- In collaboration with HR functions and HR leader peers, develop and deploy HR and Human Capital strategies, policies, programs and services that scale and enable current business needs and prepare the business for the future.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the Patina organization in talent support areas including immigration, records management, personnel contracts and workers’ compensation.
- Participate as member of HR leadership team to provide insights and drive enterprise-wide human resources objectives, initiatives and projects.
- Develop and manage the department operating budget.
- Determine course of action for associate relations issues at all levels in alignment with organization values, policies, guidelines and governance standards.
- Provide recommendations and decision support for people decisions – hire, performance manage, reward, develop and succession.
- Human capital plans are in place to deliver current and future needs of business
- Talent Management programs are measured and aligned with human capital needs within business vertical and across enterprise as applicable
- Associate Engagement and Associate Experience are measured with action plans to address opportunities or gaps
- Assure governance is in place for implementation of and compliance with regulatory, legislative, enterprise and local business requirements and policies related to Human Resources and Payroll.
- Lead, coach and develop HR team members to build and foster a high performing, results driven HR team.
- Assure effective succession planning in place for team and function.
- Partner with business and HR leadership team to drive alignment of business objectives and priorities across field, subsidiary and enterprise levels of business.
- Maintain strong relationships with external business clients like Disney and internal clients like the COO and Executive Vice Presindentsserving as HR and talent expert.
- Maintain strong productive relationships with identified union groups and members
- Maintain strong relationships across functional and business partner HR team.
- Develop and maintain external partner relationships to support community involvement, industry involvement, candidate pipeline development and HR thought leadership
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; SPHR
Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in human resources in progressive cross-functional roles and 5 years in a leadership role driving strategic talent priorities. Experience in an environment that represents multiple collective bargaining agreements and unions required. Proven ability to work across multiple functions in a matrix environment and coach, consult, partner and influence leaders and peers across the organization. Strong collaboration, business acumen, interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.