Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Contract Clinical Recruiter is responsible for recruitment of candidates across a broad spectrum of roles at various levels across clinical functions, such as Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Wellness Coaches, Concurrent Review Nurses, Medical Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians and more. These could include both higher volume mid-level roles as well as management/director level roles.
Accountabilities include sourcing and screening candidates, acting as a consultant to Hiring Managers throughout the hiring process, and providing detailed assessments for candidates and recommending offer amounts using offer tools and processes. The Contract Recruiter manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components involved in making a hire. The Clinical Contract Recruiter is also accountable for managing interactions with candidates in accordance with employment law and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Follow the sourcing process as defined by Talent Acquisition leaders
- Follow predetermined sourcing recipe as defined by job code
- Escalate sourcing challenges to your manager as appropriate
- Offer sourcing suggestions to team members and be proactive about communicating new sourcing strategies that are successful
- Collaborate with sourcing manager to capitalize on short- and long-term marketing campaigns
- Share information with regard to outcomes in candidate flow (quantity and quality), market reactions and overall feedback with regard to overall awareness to local / national branding
- Pipeline candidates as necessary as determined by the sourcing recipe and roles recruited for
- Has clear understanding of the various levels of pipelining and the associated fees
- Interview and evaluate candidates utilizing consistent templates and processes, including phone and digital interviews, leveraging behavior-based interview and assessment techniques
- Present pre-screened candidates to management utilizing prescribed process
- Demonstrates best practices, troubleshoots with team members and serves as a mentor / coach on recruitment initiatives
- Demonstrates diversity awareness and utilizes sourcing techniques that reach diverse population
- Actively champion diversity recruitment strategies
- Clearly articulate “Life’s Best Work” employee value proposition and link the EVP in communications with candidates, Hiring Managers, and team members
- Research and build knowledge of the competitive landscape in order to anticipate and overcome potential obstacles
- Consult with Hiring Manager, Human Capital Partner and other key stakeholder to create a competitive offer utilizing tools, benefits and compensation
- Utilize functional knowledge and knowledge of applicant motivations to better position UnitedHealth Group when negotiating competitive offers with applicants
- Move candidates through steps and statuses per candidate Service Level Agreement leveraging correspondence library
- Debrief hiring manager and candidates throughout recruitment process in accordance with the Service Level Agreement for the position
- Resolve routine concerns and / or escalates to appropriate area for more complex recruitment concerns
- Use interaction to positively impact the candidate / applicant attitude
- Maintain market / business intelligence regarding function and business unit alignment
- As defined by Service Level Agreement for the role, work with Hiring Managers to build overall understanding of position requirements, department goals, and organization business plan
- Assist Hiring Manager in evaluating candidates, offer negotiation, and overall process troubleshooting – including review and consultation of internal salary reference points, market compensation tables, and market intelligence in order to recommend offer package components
- Adopt Leader Point of View and express concerns and shares ideas using constructive communication techniques. Helps to lead others through change by speaking up
- Influence stakeholders to drive for the best solution while leveraging Talent Acquisition knowledge
- Execute on core processes as defined by the Service Level Agreement for the role
- Consistently coaches others in utilizing processes
- Core processes / tools include:
- Discovery process and documentation
- ACE methodology
- Candidate Relationship Management usage
- Adhering to sourcing/posting recipe
- Candidate presentation tool
- Offer approval process
- Moving candidates through steps and statuses
- Document req status and key events Taleo according to best practices
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of recruitment related employment laws which includes underutilization criteria, moving candidates through proper steps depending on whether the candidate does or does not meet BAQ’s, and providing gender and ethnicity information in accordance with regulations
- Provide council to team members who may have questions and provide additional training to newer team members
- Develop action plans for aging requisitions and keep management informed of progress against action plans in a timely manner
- Work with Service Advisor to initiate offer processing including background and drug screenings
- Actively participates in Talent Acquisition projects. Projects could include large scale process improvement initiatives, social media, participation in user councils, and participation in diversity events
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad / deep range of positions and in a volume driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in marketing / sourcing techniques to include: lead generation, internet, cold calling, college alumni and interactive strategies
- 1+ years of experience using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience recruiting licensed Clinicians (RNs, ARNP, PA, etc.)
- Clinical and / or healthcare recruitment experience
- Demonstrated understanding of executive compensation programs (deferred compensation, stock, etc.)
- ATS experience with Taleo
- 5+ years of end - to - end recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting for healthcare / clinical positions within federal government contracts, military and / or DOD
- Prior search firm experience
- PHR, SPHR, CPC certifications
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Talent Acquisition, Recruiter, Clinical Recruitment, Sourcing, Human Resources, RN Recruitment, Registered Nurse Recruitment, Applicant Tracking Systems, MCO, Taleo, Healthcare, Medical, Federal Government Contract, Military, DOD, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote