To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ruby On Rails Developer
Apex Systems • New York, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to join a growing team in NYC. If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity, please send a Word version of your resume to Kirk Bailey at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Job Title: Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Software Engineering Group Lead, the Software Engineer provides software design, programming, and consulting services for the diverse business units of the company and for shared service organizations such as the ITS department, using a wide range of modern business software environments. Key focus will be designing and developing software to bring the customer-facing services of all business units into a single “web self-service” umbrella, consistent with the company's long-term vision of presenting a unified customer experience across the organization. Identifies and evaluates customer needs in cooperation with internal Business Analysts, and produces technical specifications in response to those needs, while also personally creating many of the resulting software components.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• “Generalist” mindset experienced with utilizing and developing a broad range of systems and tools. Since many different software and hardware environments exist in the company, successful candidates will be extremely agile, rapid learners with a demonstrated diversity of experience in Information Technology systems as well as in-depth programming skills.
• Excellent oral, written, and communication skills, including comfort with teleconferencing to conduct business with colleagues and clients.
• 3+ years proven experience with object-oriented programming.
• 3+ years experience writing applications in Ruby and/or C#.
• 3+ years experience using Ruby On Rails and/or .Net MVC (Ruby on Rails is preferred).
• Experience with Agile software development practices a plus.
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Git, and Jenkins a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows essentials.
• Comfort with most common command line tools.
• Understanding of when to choose between compiled and interpreted languages, and ability to use both language compilers and script interpreters.
• Understanding and ability to perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common application problems, including compiler linkage errors, run-time bottlenecks, multi-threaded race conditions, and database query optimization.
• Experience with MySQL and/or equivalent database systems.
• Solid understanding of ACID database properties, query isolation levels, and SQL coding practice to avoid database deadlock scenarios.
• Experience using Apache and/or equivalent web server software.
• Working knowledge of Perl, Bash, PHP, ColdFusion a plus.
• Some experience developing high-performance APIs is a plus.
• Some experience developing in a Service Oriented Architecture is a plus.
• Objective-C, Swift, or Ruboto experience is a major plus, as mobile application development is part of the product roadmap.
• User experience with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems.
• Understanding of customary source control practices and procedures in a team environment. (SVN or GIT) EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience, with at least 3+ years in a business environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.