A leader in the construction contracting field for over 20 years, my client is experienced in the development of commercial, residential, municipal and industrial sites through civil construction, remediation, and demolition activities.
This firm is extremely well-established and has a large pipeline of projects for 2019. The work life balance is a priority for the leadership team. Company culture is extremely important and the leadership team is approachable and willing to work with their team with a hands on approach to ensure support, while maintaining an autonomous atmosphere.
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
- Submit timely questions for clarification during the bid process.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare qualified subcontractor lists.
- Solicit bids from a comprehensive set of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Confirm scope of work and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with change order pricing.
- Stay current with estimating methods and knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Excellent cost estimating skills on competitive hard bids and conceptual estimates.
- Strong analytical skills to predict a problem, not just a problem solver.
- Ability to identify risks.
- Work accurately under the pressure of bid day deadlines.
- Ability to accurately estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work while determining all portions of the work have been fully addressed in the final bid preparation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and utilize historic bid data for use on future bids.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit
- 80-100 K
- Generous compensation package
- Great work/life balance
- Health benefits
- 2 Weeks PTO
Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
Submit timely questions for clarification during the bid process.
Attention To Detail