The Product Manager will be responsible for product lines in the SP Scienceware portfolio. This includes driving growth and profitability of the existing line through marketing activities, pricing strategies and sales tools to the sales reps and channel partners, but also growth through the identification of new products and/or enhancements to existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage product life cycles including implementation of new products, active products, forecasting, sale and performance analysis, and sun-setting.
- Understand the consumer and market: perform competitive research, usability studies, measure and analyze customer experience.
- Create and regularly update market analysis and product strategy documents (Product Roadmap) and make them available to internal stakeholders to inform their business decisions. Promote data-based decision making
- Deliver goals set-forth in Product Roadmap, including market growth, net sales and margin targets
- Establish pricing strategy by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume and analyzing impact.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with internal organization including Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Supply Chain
- Forecast and responsible for achieving sales and margin targets
- Provides content data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and industry trade shows, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Provide product and technical support to Sales, Channel Partners, and End-users.
- This position requires the ability to travel approximately 25% domestic & internationally.
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Solid technical background with laboratory experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees within the organization.
- Proven working experience in product management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Ability to develop product strategies, implement tactics and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to pitch in as needed.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and cost estimating.
- 4 years of prior experience in product manager
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- A BS degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; MS preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in both a typical interior/office environment.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to sit; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Customer Relationship Management