To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD 21224
- Justin Dehorty
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Scientific Database Programmer - Health Sciences Expertise - NIH - Baltimore, MD
Kelly Government Solutions • Baltimore, MD
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Scientific Database Programmer - Health Sciences Expertise - NIH - Baltimore, MD Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Database Programmer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD. OVERVIEW. This is a two-year position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- InCHIANTI Study:
- In collaboration investigators, update database to include home interviews, medical visits, biosamples, and physical performance tests
- Clean data, create derived variables, annotate programs, and archive data.
- Ensure consistency of variable names, formats, and coding across data from five exams
- Merge follow-up exam 5 with existing datasets.
- Archive data at NIA and send a copy of data to InChianti Study Center, Italy
- Provide support and assistance to data users, including making datasets based on approved proposals.
- Prepare documentation of datasets made for outside investigators.
- Health ABC Study:
- Perform biorepository pulls and update the inventory for Year 16 and DNA usage.
- Process new data and derived variables generated from analysis of biologic samples and imaging.
- Clean and make available ancillary study variables.
- Convert existing data sets into a more generalized format for outside use by outside researchers.
- Perform CMS match and dataset creation.
- Process new data and derived variables generated from analysis of biologic samples and imaging and include them in central database.
- Provide website updates and maintenance; assist investigators in use of website
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Knowledge of SAS (or R) and other statistical packages
- Familiarity and experience with basic website maintenance tools
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.