To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Zephyrhills, FL 33540
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Nursing Full Time
Adventist Health System • Zephyrhills, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director of Nursing AdventHealth Care Center Zephyrhills North
Location Address: 7350 Dairy Rd. Zephyrhills
Walk-In Applicants Welcomed for Immediate Interviews
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Business Office
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develop and maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing procedure manuals, written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel, and a written organizational plan of the nursing service that delineates the functional structure of the nursing service and the lines of communication. This plan shall be made known to all members of the nursing staff and to appropriate personnel in other units of the nursing home.
- Recommend to the Administrator the number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed. Participate in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and recommend termination of employment when necessary. Complete nursing staff schedules as necessary.
- Ensure that the total nursing needs of residents are met by assigning a sufficient number of nursing personnel for each tour of duty.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of written resident care policies, in coordination with the Adventist Care Centers (ACC) Standards Committee and the assigned Quality Management Specialist (QMS) and recommend changes in policy when indicated.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the nursing home administrator and coordinate nursing service with other resident care services.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- 1-2 years in prior supervisory capacity
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired.
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.