As a key sales leader for Wholesome Harvest Baking, LLC, this position is accountable for the effective management of the in-store bakery business at various key accounts in the Northeastern US including: Wakefern, Ahold, Delhaize, C&S, ACME, Shaw's, Wegman’s, Weis, BJ’s, Tops, Giant Eagle and others. The key objective of this position is to grow retail sales at these accounts and uncover new business, while managing and achieving budgeted targets.
Account planning for continued growth – 35%
Manage in-store execution, including broker management – 25%
Determine opportunities – 20%
Solution provider – 20%
• Determining market strategies & goals for products and programs with Sr. Director of Sales following key Company initiatives
• Review past account strategies and determine key issues and goals
• Review competitive in-store bakery strategies and determine key areas of focus
• Recommend new accounts/ strategy for continued growth
• Managing food brokers in geographical region and trade spend to achieve Company’s profit targets
• Work with cross functional teams to manage normal business flow and new item setup. This includes customer service, forecasting, marketing, production development and finance teams.
• Determine trade spends; past versus future projected costs.
• Determine account spends
• Attend and manage food shows
• Coordinate products with all accounts assigned
• Obtaining & coordinate data & information from sales tools, Customer Service and industry groups
• Use account and broker databases to update information, etc.
• Work with marketing to determine customer needs & provide information to other staff
• Strategic, analytical thinker with the ability to make decisions and execute tactical plans
• Presentation skills; excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong team player with experience successfully building teams
• Interpersonal skills; ability to develop strong relationships with customer and with internal MLF
• 5 years of successful, progressive sales experience in retail food marketing
• University degree – preferably in a business discipline or related field
• Ability to travel as required
• Self-motivator with good interpersonal skills
• Category management experience
• History of growth experience within their field
• Independent worker
• Above average computer skills
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.